Gefitinib 250mg tablets are used to treat certain types of cancers.
Uses of Gefitinib:
- The drug is used to treat certain cancers like breast, lung and other cancers.
- It is especially effective in treating non-small-cell lung cancer (only used after failure of platinum-based and docetaxel chemotherapies).
How Does it Work?:
- The salt inhibits the tyrosine kinase domain of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) which overexpresses in certain types of cells and leads to uncontrolled cell proliferation.
Taking the Medicine:
- The medicine is taken orally once a day.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- The dosage of the medicine is as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Higher doses of this medicine are toxic to the body.
- Consult your doctor prior to or after overdosage.
- Take immediate help in case of complications.
- Do not skip taking medicine. Regular consumption will lead to desired results.
- Take the medicine every day on a specific time to avoid skipping medicine.
Possible Side Effects:
- Acne-like rash